Aug 23, 2014

Poetry Solace: of life (part II)

The next few Poetry Solace entries will feature poems taken from Series Two of  'Poems by Emily Dickinson'. Hope you will like them as much as I do..

I.
I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us - don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog! 


XVI.
Surgeons must be very careful
When they take the knife!
Underneath their fine incisions
Stirs the culprit, - Life!


XXX.
Faith is a fine invention
For gentlemen who see;
But microscopes are prudent
In an emergency! 


XXXI.
Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,
The distance would not haunt me so;
I had not hoped before.

But just hear the grace depart
I never thought to see,
Afflicts me with a double loss;
'T is lost, and lost to me.



Have a fun summer weekend! Stay safe!

No comments: