May 21, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise

Had my karate promotion exam last Wednesday.. it was for the promotion from level 8 to level 7. I would still be in purple belt if I pass this exam..

Today was the result announcement.. What a big surprise it was.. :) Instead of the expected level, I was promoted to level 6!! :) :) :)


Note the addition line of remark at the bottom of the result slip.. "Special promotion of 2 levels" or something to that line of meaning..

There were 4 of us in level 8 who took the exam last week, but all of them were absent for the practice today, so I have no idea if all of us were given a 2-level promotion or I was the only one.. but anyway, I was really quite surprised to say the least.. Cos I knew that I made quite a lot of mistakes, here and there due to nervousness, during the exam, so I was just hoping for a normal 1 level promotion..

So now I will be in green belt!! :) ;) :p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!! Way to go jie!!