Mar 9, 2012

oh the weather..

It's supposed to be spring now, yet the weather remains (kinda) cold and wet, as it were during the winter.. the temperature fluctuates rather drastically..  it could be 23 degrees on Monday, and dropped to 12 degrees on Wednesday.. temperature variation in a day can be pretty crazy too.. with morning hovering around 18-19 degrees range and plummet to under 14 degrees..

And the wind is strong, cold and relentless too.. no wonder the clinics here are always packed with people down with flu.. Luckily, I'm not one of those.. my habit of not going out (of my room) unless it is (really) necessary has kept me from getting sick.. :)   
drinking lots of warm/hot fluid, like water and tea, helps me stay healthy..

It is kinda telling when all I write in this blog is how crazily bad the weather is.. cos seriously, there's isn't much things to write (about my daily life, that is)..

All I do these days is attend classes, read journals/papers/text books/novels, do my translations, hang around in FB and watch US dramas on my laptop... pretty mundane and routine, although I do make the occasional impromptu or spur of the moment "trips" when the weather is good and I have the mood for it.. nonetheless, I like this humdrumness.. I am doing things that I like to do, not what I have to do.. and maybe that is what makes a difference..

1 comment:

§nóflèk said...

the flu bug is going around here in the klang valley as well. i'm also trying my best to stay indoors as much as possible... and i remember your tip from our euro trip - to take as much vit c as possible (like the fruit juices we bought)! :)