Jun 27, 2012

plans for summer holidays..

Yaaahoooo!! My summer holidays start this week and shall go on for the next 10 weeks or so..   :) :) :) :) Yet to get the new timetable, so I don't really know when exactly my classes will start, but it should be somewhere in September.. ;)

So how am I going to spend my 1st summer holiday in Taiwan? Here is a quick rundown..

Going home and visiting friends
I'll be going home end of Jun and spend a month there. During this time, I will going to Singapore to visit my friends and ex-colleagues for a couple of days. My family and I will then take a short overseas trip before I come back to Taiwan end of July.

Do research and find a direction..
Once back in Taiwan, I will need to do more readings and researches to narrow down my area and find a research direction. If I want to graduate as soon as possible, I would need to at least decide on a not-so-broad topic and find myself a professor to be my adviser by the end of 1st semester of my 2nd year.

Earning, reading and chilling...
On top of all the above, I need to continue my translation projects so that I can pay rent, tuition and feed myself.. also, I want to read as many fiction and non-fiction books as possible before classes starts.. then there is quite a few US TV series that I'm following but don't quite have the time to catch up..

So that's my plans for the summer... Seems like a lot to cover in 10 weeks, right? I know, but well, I like to plan and try to execute them as closely as possible.. If I can accomplish at least 80% of it, I am happy.. :)

No comments: