Apr 9, 2013

kittens II

After Tom and Jerry, there was Garfield and Kopi.. :) These two little kittens were only a few weeks old when they came over to our garden.. Dad said that their mum must have given birth in the tiny shed within our backdoor neighbor's compound.. They were just so adorable!

There shouldn't be any surprise as to what name I gave the orange-colored kitten.. :) 'Garfield' just popped into mind.. Garfield in Chinese is 加菲猫, with 加菲 sounding similar to 咖啡, which means coffee, so I named the greyish/black kitten 'Kopi' which is the Malay word for coffee.

These two little rascals were having tons of fun in my dad's garden.. running around, playing tag, pawing the soft earth, rolling and tumbling on the tarps my dad put up for shading his vegetables.. it was strangely therapeutic for us to watch them having so much fun and being so wide-eyed to everything around them..


Garfield & Kopi: "Aaahh... this is Life... "
Yummy yolk...
Garfield: "Peek a boo..."       Kopi: "......"
Kitty Obstacle Course 101
sibling love...

One thing that's different between Tom and Jerry and Garfield and Kopi was that the latter pair was not afraid of me and my camera.. I was able to take their photos really up close..

Garfield: "haven't you seen a cute kitten before?"
Garfield: "Take my no-shadow paw!"
ready to bounce..
"I won't get wet hiding here.."

Although Kopi was more shy than Garfield, I still managed to get some pretty good close-ups of it too..

"I like the smell of pandan.. I like to stretch too..."
"Zzzzz zzzzzz"

"Mum.. I can't get down... Help?"

Alas, both of them disappeared a few days before I came back to Taiwan.. one fell off the wall into the compound of a neighbor with 3 very fiece dogs.. :( while the other disappeared  overnight, most probably 'cat-nap' by someone... :( :(   

Even though I can only hope that both of them are in a better place/hands right now, I am grateful for the fun and joy they brought us during those few short weeks.. 

2 comments:

§nóflèk said...

nice shots! reminded me of watanabe-san's cat, mi chan and the times she would come in and out of the kitchen :)

Imm said...

Yeah.. Mi-chan likes to come into my room too.. and just sit there.. Cats are cute even when they think no one is looking..