Jul 8, 2013

Me Room in Taiwan (Part II)

After 2 years, it's time to move..

Though my first room in Taiwan was very very close to the University, the things that I once thought was great aren't so as time goes by.. It was too bright with all the windows (those ancient curtains don't do much covering) and too noisy (from all the aunties and grandmas hollering at their kids/grandkids in the morning, especially); The walls were fairly thin so I can hear my neighbor talking to his (girl/boy)friend almost every night.. Then the air-con doesn't quite work and way too noisy when it was turned up as it was quite old.. I can't hear the television every time it rains even when the television is less than 2m away.. and not to mention that I'm kinda terrified whenever a storm comes by as the roof or windows felt like they may come down on me anytime..

By paying an additional NT$2000, I found a studio that is slightly further from the University but is very new (less than 5 years old). It is roughly 1.5 times larger than the old room and has its own little kitchen top/sink so I can do some light cooking which I missed greatly..

Here are some of the 'before' photos.. before I moved in, that is..
just a row of windows from waist up.. and 2 single beds.. :)
a kitchen top/sink near the door and opposite the bathroom.
One of the many things that I like about this studio is that there is a shower cubicle in the bathroom that keeps the dry part (aka the toilet) separate from the wet part (the shower). And there's lots of shelves for my stuff. Finally, I love the sofa and glass table where I can eat and/chill-out.. :)

With the help of my senior Joe, whom I stayed with when I first came over, and his fiancee, I managed to get all my stuff to the new place.. After some arranging (I can't say decorating cos nothing much to decorate with/for), here is my humble abode..
a t'shirt for the chair cos I sweat a lot and don't wanna dirty the chair
didn't have matching bedsheets but at least I have the same color tone.
My housing estate is located at the end of a road, meaning there is no through road. I can take a bus (cost NT$12) from the junction but I rather take the 10-minute walk to school. Though I have to climb a hill on my way to school, I'll just treat that as an exercise.

With this new place, I can now have friends over, for meals or stay-overs.. So anyone? :) :)

No comments: