Jan 11, 2014

Poetry Solace: Of nothing and shadow

Two more poems from M.L. Liebler as mentioned in my earlier post.. Enjoy!

Nothing Within
Listen, I understand nothing.
I have sat inside away
From this dampness
To keep my soul dry.
Waiting and waiting,
I look for the sun to evaporate
These haunted shadows of rain.

Listen, I am not making this up.
I have no ideas anymore.
I have studied these clouds closely,
Looked deep into each drop of rain,
Prayed for a respite from the weather
Of myself, and all I feel are occasional
Somber breezes. My soul is
Locked in the outside,
Where I keep listening
For my heart’s beat.



The Loneliness of a Shadow
I am sleeping
In a meadow
In this green world.

Dreaming, I fall
Into black
And white photos—

Motionless and asleep.
In this picture, a
Background creek rises

Along the shadow
Of a shoreline traced in
The chalk ghost of myself.


For those interested in reading more of his poems, check out his poem collection, Wide Awake in Someone Else's Dream... 

Have a fun weekend! Be good and safe! :)

No comments: