Jun 12, 2014

rio 2014

This year the World Cup is being held in Rio de Janeiro and the first match (Brazil vs Croatia) starts early tomorrow morning! Unfortunately I can't get live telecast through television or cable here in Taiwan. My only hope of watching matches live is via the internet. Hopefully I will find one that allows live streaming.

Anyway, the team I'm supporting is again Germany. :) As I've said before, I've always like the way the German national team played. Other than Die Mannschaft, I will also be watching matches involving Brazil (Grp A), Spain and The Netherlands (Grp B), England and Italy (Grp D), France (Grp E) and Portugal (Grp G). But ultimately I would love to see Germany win the Cup for the fourth time.

This time round, I will be in Europe for the later stages of the Cup, just like when I was in the US in 2002. Not sure if my CS hosts will be watching any of the matches, but I would love to see either or both The Netherlands and Belgium make it to the later stages. And I would want to be in a bar/pub and cheer with the locals for their team.

Here's to a clean and exciting World Cup 2014!

No comments: