Jul 12, 2014

Poetry Solace: of love

Another two more poems from Emily Dickinson..

                                            WITH A FLOWER
                                            I hide myself within my flower,
                                            That wearing on your breast,
                                            You, unsuspecting, wear me too -
                                            And angels know the rest.

                                            I hide myself within my flower,
                                            That, fading from your vase,
                                            You, unsuspecting, feel for me -
                                            Almost a loneliness.


                                            PROOF
                                            That I did always love,
                                            I bring thee proof:
                                            That till I loved
                                            I did not love enough.

                                            That I shall love always,
                                            I offer thee
                                            That love is life,
                                            And life hath immortality.

                                            This, dost thou doubt, sweet?
                                            Then have I
                                            Nothing to show
                                            But Calvary.


Have a great weekend! Stay safe!

No comments: