May 31, 2012

house departure..

After 8 seasons, the curtain finally came down on Dr. Gregory House..

I was first introduced to House by my sis, whom at that time was still a medical student in Moscow.. and I was captivated by the paradox of his misanthropic personality and the (assumed) humanistic requisite of his job as a doctor.. He is as flawed and as broken as he is brilliant at his profession.. And with the original ensemble, House is a "feel-good" drama, at least to me :p , where the main character gets to insult everyone, including his boss and patients, and gets away with it while saving lives every week. :)

One of the things I like about him is his loyalty and friendship with Wilson.. oh, how I wish I have a friend as mild-tempered/tolerant/loyal as Wilson.. I like to watch them banter.. Wilson has always had House's best interest at heart, and House knows and appreciate it though he didn't show it as often enough.. thus it was heart-warming how the final episode ended..

To me, House is not a cold-blooded or heartless person.. I can relate to, at least part of, what he did and why he did them.. many of his rationale for doing the things he did can be found in what he said, either in jest or in mockery.. He always points out the reality or the truth that people refuse to see or accept.  I will always remember his favorite line, "Everybody lies".. below are some of my favorite House quotes...

They didn't break me. I am broken.
You'd be surprised what you can live without.
Disappointment is anger for wimps.
Everything sucks. Might as well find something to smile about.
What's life without the ability to make stupid decisions?
The notion of picking one time of year to be decent to other people is obscene because it’s actually validating the notion of being miserable wretches the rest of the year.


After season 6, the show slowly became "old" and uninteresting to me... maybe it was the storyline, the "new" ensemble or just a simply case of becoming "desensitize" to House's quirks and antics.. the medical cases no longer excite me, and the current ensemble lacks the chemistry of the original, especially the absence of Cuddy and Thirteen.. And frankly, Season 8 was very painful for me to watch.. thus in a way, I am glad that it had ended..

So, thanks for the memories, House, Wilson, Cuddy, Foreman, Chase, Taub, Thirteen, Kutner and Cameron...

No comments: