May 8, 2012

new hangout..

Even though I live very near to school, I don't go to campus everyday.. I still like to "hibernate" in my little room.. :p
one of the rows of research rooms

As the mercury is rising with spring in full bloom and summer not too far away, my room is getting kinda stuffy and hot.. since I refuse to switch on the air-conditioner in my room, I've decided to go to the library more often.. :p in fact, I took the advice of my senior and applied for one of the small research rooms in the library.. and I got it!

There are 74 research rooms in the library and priority is given to students who are writing their theses. Students can opt for long or short term usage. Some who had finished their theses chose to return their rooms for others to use. And that is how I managed to secure the use of one of such research rooms for the rest of this semester. :)

just a table and a chair
These rooms are located on the top 2 levels of the library, namely the 9th and 8th floor, also the place where non-Chinese books are shelved..  thus my favorite "book-hunting" ground.. :) 

I was given a room on the 9th floor.. The room is small with just a table and a chair.. but it is quiet and private.. and the Wi-Fi connection is very good.. so I will most probably spend a lot of my free time there - doing my translations, writing my reports and preparing my presentation.. no doubt that I will be more productive as there is no TV to distract me.. :p

The scenery from my library is pretty amazing.. think I will find a day and do a photo-shoot of my library and the area surrounding it.. Ahh.. another one of my "to-do-when-I-am-free" tasks.. :p
looking down from 9th floor...  into my campus..

No comments: