May 1, 2012

one down.. sort of..

First day of May.. how time flies.. another 7 weeks or so and I shall bid farewell to my 1st year as a PhD student.. :)

Just did my first presentation of this semester yesterday, and I think I did pretty well.. I used English throughout the presentation as I think I should play to my strength and not do double-work. I don't see the point of translating a paper from its original English form to Chinese just so that my classmates can understand them. I am doing my OWN research, and the person I am trying to "impress" is the professor who should be proficient (enough) in English to understand me.  :P
Spring is finally here.. with autumn close behind..


This semester, I need to submit 4 reports and do one more presentation. I've yet to start on any of them and the dateline is 2nd week of June which is the last week of the semester... :x  So no lack of stuff waiting for me to do.. on top of my "routine" translation projects and the occasional "special requests" from my seniors.. :)

So my days are pretty packed.. just the way I like them... :) :)

No comments: