Sep 30, 2012

Mid Autumn 2012

It's Mid Autumn Festival 2012 today.. and a public holiday.. but too bad it falls on a Sunday.. and there's no make-up holiday on Monday.. so classes as usual tomorrow..

hope I won't look like him when I get my PhD.. :p
I did mention in my entry last year that this festival is one of the three main festivals in Taiwan, with the other two being Chinese New Year (春節) and Dragon Boat Festival (端午節). People will go home and spend these three festivals with their families. And one of the favorite activities during this festival is BBQ, with lots of burnt charred food and lots of beer.. :)

Anyway, I've been busy these couple of weeks... with homework, reports, presentations.. in fact, I have a presentation to do this coming Tuesday!! :x This semester is gonna be a tough one as I am taking 5 subjects.. but I think these will help me greatly, both in terms of deciding my research focus for my PhD and learning more academic "stuff" that will be beneficial to my "future" academician life, if I so choose when I get my degree...

Even so, I am kinda 'enjoying' the stress and the workload.. :p cos after this semester, I might not be taking as many subjects since I would have more or less fulfilled my credit requirements.. and then, it will be a different kind of stress, which is to write and publish as many papers as possible before writing my thesis..

In any case, have a good holiday and enjoy the full moon! :)

No comments: