Feb 17, 2013

Sunday Serenade: aku suka dia

After sharing so many songs in this blog of mine, I've yet to share a Malay song.. maybe cos I never listen to them.. Recently my sis played a Malay song over her car stereo when we went out. I liked it immediately. It was simple and clean, both the lyrics and the arrangement.

The song is called "Aku Suka Dia", which translates into "I Like Him/Her". "Dia" is a singular third person pronoun, that is used without any gender reference. Since in the music video below refers "dia" to a guy, I will use "him" in my translation of the lyrics, although there's nothing wrong with substituting "dia" with "her".


Aku Suka Dia 
written and performed by Ainan Tasneem

Aku lihat dia disana                                     I saw him there
Aku ingin mendekatinya                              I want to get close to him
Aku cuba menghampirinya                          I try to approach him
Lalu aku menyapa dia                                Then I greet him

Dia pun membuka bicara                             He then broke the ice
Dan aku mulai mengenalnya                       And I start to get to know him
Kita mulai bermain mata                              We start making eyes at each other
Mula timbul rasa bahagia                            Begin to feel a sense of happiness

[chorus]
Bila dia, mendekati diriku                             When he comes close to me
Hatiku rasa sesuatu                                     I feel something in my heart
Bila dia, senyum pada diriku                        When he smiles at me
Hatiku rasa tak menentu                              My heart falls into turmoil
[end of chorus]

Kekadang hati ku bertanya                          Sometimes my heart wonders
Adakah dia dah berpunya                            Is he someone else's
Kerana diriku berasa                                    Because I feel that
Aku jatuh hati padanya                                 I have fallen for him

Aku ingin memilikinya                                    I want to have him
Aku ingin menjaga dia                                   I want to take care of him
Aku ingin mencinta dia                                  I want to love him
Aku ingin hidup dengannya                           I want to spend my life with him

[chorus]
Mungkinkah aku, kan berjumpa dengannya     Is it possible for me, to see him
Untuk meluahkan rasa                                     and tell him how I feel
Mungkinkah aku, kan berdiam diri saja            Is it possible for me, to just keep quiet
Menunggu cinta darinya                                   and wait for him to love me

Ku terima satu nota darimu                              I received a note from you
Yang tertulis ‘Aku suka kamu’                          with "I like you" written on it

[chorus]
Akhirnya kini ku kan mampu ceria                    At last I can now be cheerful
Diriku sangat gembira                                      I am very happy
Akhirnya kini, aku mulai bahagia                      At last, I can start being blissful
Menerima cinta darinya                                    As I receive love from him

Aku suka dia                                                    I like him








Have a great week ahead! Stay safe and happy!



No comments: