Jul 3, 2009

It is OVER!! (Updates)

It is official.. :)

Wrote an email to Prof K to thank him for all the advice and guidance that he has given for the past few months, and at the same time asked him about my report.. And this was what he replied, in full..
Dear Imm,

You did very well. Professor Kt, in his question asked after your presentation was over, said that he was quite impressed with your work. I would mark your work, including your presentation as A+.

One request I would like to make is to send the electronic file of your report in full, and also that of your presentation to me. I keep all of the theses, reports and presentation files of all my students whom I supervised in my PC.

Other than that, I believe you do not have to do anything more to get your Master Degree from Waseda University GITS.

CONGRATULATIONS.

Warm regards,
Prof. K.

:) :) :) Yes, this email has confirmed that I did not have to rewrite my final report.. :) :) But most importantly, I feel a great sense of accomplishment because Prof Kt was impressed with my work.. Well, I must say that impressing Prof Kt is no easy feat, as he is the most feared and most demanding professor in my graduate school!! Most students avoid taking his classes and (literally) tremble while making presentation in his presence.. Yet, I do not fear him as I subscribed to his expectation of graduate students. Because, frankly, many of the students SHOULD NOT be allowed to graduate, much less earning a Masters degree with the kind of sloppy work that they churned out..

Anyway, except for a lone 'B' from Prof M, I have straight 'A's and 'A+'s for my Masters subjects... Haven't had so many 'A's and 'A'+s since primary school.. :p :p :p Out of my 4 theme researches (one for each semester), I got an 'A' from my own Prof.. :x while the other 3 Prof (Prof Kt, Prof M and Prof K) each gave me 'A+'... Never did I once get an 'A+' from him for any of his subjects, when even the strictest Prof (Prof Kt) thought that I deserved 3 'A+'s for his classes!! Enough said.

Now, I can finally put my mind to rest and concentrate on planning my holiday.. :) Will be flying off to another continent for a 14-days holiday next week.. :p Can't wait..

2 comments:

Alex said...

Omedetou gozaimasu!

Hope you will enjoy your trip to the country of cheese... :p

ABig said...

Congrates jie! We graduated together!! ^_^