Jul 29, 2009

Two more months..

I will be leaving Japan for good in two more months.. on either Sept 26 or 27..still waiting for the plane tix from Monbusho..

People asked me if my parents would be attending my graduation ceremony on Sept 20.. And when I told them that they won't be as it was no big deal, many were shocked.. Seriously, I don't feel that graduating with a Masters from this Uni of mine was a big deal.. Maybe if the courses were a little bit more challenging and difficult, I would feel like I had accomplished something to be proud of.. It was too easy and too effortless for me, that I sometimes feel ashamed to even call myself a Masters student, and now a Masters graduate.. Maybe I am just setting a too-high standard for myself..

When I first came over, I told myself that this 2.5 years would be the time to recharge my batteries and to gain some knowledge.. I had wanted to enjoy myself fully, doing things that I like but didn't have time while I was working.. It was more of "Me, Myself and Imm" kinda focus.. which was why I was very anti-social when it came to attending events and gatherings organized by fellow Malaysians here.. I pretty much just went on doing my stuff on my own.. However, everything changed when I moved into my current guesthouse.. Never had so much fun since my NUS days, just hanging out with my housemates.. In a way, I realized that I can be pretty sociable, when with the right people.. :p

Although it seemed that I have 2 more months in Japan, but since I am going back to Malaysia for 3 weeks in Aug, I have less than 5 weeks to explore Japan before leaving.. Wanna go Hokkaido, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and a few more places.. I haven't even finished exploring Tokyo yet.. So for the month of Sept, I will be doing my final tour of Japan.. :)

1 comment:

蝋燭の芯 said...

Hey IMM, I heard from WP your previous company is hiring, have u got an offer yet?

Lets catch up before u leave okie?

I am pretty busy and stressful lately. Sometimes just think of go back in sep.

And also, capital land in Japan is hiring also, would you like to try dear?
I can send you info.