Aug 20, 2010

Pangkor Trip.. Pt I

This year, I've yet to go anywhere for holidays.. well, I am practically "on holidays" everyday since I am still without a job.. :p so this 3D2N trip to Pulau Pangkor (Pangkor Island) was more for my sis than for me.. she just had to get away from her job for a while..

One of the reason for choosing Pangkor was that it is near (2 hr drive away), it is quiet (not known for its nightlife or shopping) and it is an island (my sis haven't been to a beach 'resort' for holidays).. and I became the holiday planner.. securing accommodations, getting directions and planning itinerary for the trip... no complains from me.. :)

As I was the one doing "research" on this trip, I knew what to expect.. which was not have ANY expectation.. my sis has been to many cities in Europe, Russia, Japan and Singapore, so she was pretty disappointed, especially with regards to the lack of makan (Malay word for eating) places and lack of maintenance for some of the few "touristy places" on the island... (Almost) every building there looked either run-down or neglected, except for a few newly built ones.. Thus one thing is certain, none of us will be going back there any time soon..

Okay, enough of words.. it is time for some photos! :)

Wide open road.. we took the old trunk road and not the highway..

The Lumut Jetty

Since we went there mid week, not much crowd and most of the shops around the Jetty were closed.

3 companies operating ferry services to Pangkor Island..We took Mesra (the one with the red signboard on the right)

MYR$10 for round trip to the island..

The ferry that we took.. and surprisingly it was packed full with passengers when it left Lumut..

The Lumut Jetty from the ferry..

Some photos of the Pangkor Town...





Next entry, the hotel that we stayed in and the views around the island..

No comments: