May 4, 2011

i miss

There is so many simple daily things that I missed doing..

i miss grocery-shopping..
Having to "make do" with just local food and no motivation to cook, I miss going grocery-shopping.. missing the walk down all the aisles, looking at rows and rows of groceries.. missing the "surprise" of finding new interesting products.. missing the ease of getting good healthy food.. missing the availability and abundance of fresh produce..

i miss walking around..
Having unable to go anywhere without a car since I got back, I miss the "luxury" of walking around.. missing the freedom of going anywhere anytime at the pace that I like, alone.. missing the pedestrian friendly walkways, beautiful sturdy bridges and green parks.. missing the sights, sounds and smells encountered along the way.. missing the brief stop-overs to the markets to get fresh ingredients to cook..


i miss cooking..
Please forgive me for saying this again, but I really miss cooking.. missing the feel of losing myself while cooking.. missing the improvisation that I had to make using unfamiliar ingredients.. missing the rush from experimenting with new recipes.. missing the looks of satisfaction on my guests after tasting my concoctions..

i miss jogging..
I can't believe that I am going to say this, but I miss jogging.. missing the pain in the lungs, calves and thighs during and after a jog.. missing the sweat-soaked feel of my T-shirt..  missing the adrenalin rush for finishing a 5km jog.. missing that sense of accomplishment of finishing yet another jog..

i miss staying on my own..
Gonna be 20 months since I've moved back from Japan, and how I miss staying on my own.. missing the freedom to deco (or not deco) my room.. missing the "luxury" of wearing pajamas the entire day when I'm not working/going out.. :p missing the occasional urge to re-arrange my room.. missing the choice/chance to seclude myself from the world outside and not have to talk to/meet anyone, even if it's for a day or two..

Hopefully, I will be able to do some, if not all, of these things soon...

No comments: