Jul 30, 2012

miss those playing days..

The 2012 Olympics is going on in London right now.. and though there isn't much live telecast over the cable here, I will still try to catch as much matches/competitions as possible..which means that I might not be getting much sleep for the next 2 weeks.. but what the heck, it is summer holiday right now, so no school = no need to wake up early in the morning.. :)

All the matches (handball, beach volleyball, badminton and archery to say a few) I've watched just brought back memories of my NUS days where I was more Eusoffian than CSians (Computer Science). During those 3.5 years, I spent more time doing sports than studying.. :p :p

Here are a few of the medals that I've somehow managed to keep and brought back from those days.. :) Found them when I was searching through the stuff I shipped back from SG... They sure brought back fond memories..

For 1996/1997, that's more than 15 years ago.. :)
Inter-Hall Champ for (field) Hockey where I was the goalkeeper.
6-A-side (field) hockey..
Inter-block games.. volleyball champ.. :)

I miss playing group sports like field hockey, handball, volleyball, basketball, table-tennis and tug-of-war.. I miss those torturous training sessions.. I miss the adrenalin rush during matches.. I miss the euphoria of winning, or just scoring a difficult point.. I miss the teamwork and the sense of camaraderie within the team..

In short, I miss being a part of a team with the sole purpose of winning...


No comments: