Aug 21, 2012

cabled idiot box..

I have a TV in my room.. one that has cable.. even though there are more than 90+ channels to choose from, I usually tuned to just a dozen of them..and they are mostly English channels, as I am kinda sick of Taiwanese variety/talk shows..

Here are the channels that I'll surf and watch.. :)
Channel 5 - CNN
Since there is no other English news channel available (like BBC or Channel News Asia), CNN is my default news channel.

Channel 18 - National Geographic
Channel 19 - Discovery Channel
Channel 20 - TLC 
Channel 21 - Animal Planet
I simply love these 4 channels.. Dog Whisperer, WW II series, Mythbusters, Deathliest Catch, Dirty Jobs, No Reservations, Cake Boss, Man vs Food, Animal Cops, and many many more..

Channel 45 - Star World
For Hell's Kitchen, America's Next Top Model, Masterchef US & Australia and many more..

Channel 45 - Jet
This is the only Taiwanese channel that I watch and only a couple programs that I will watch.

Channel 65 - HBO
For all the wonderful HBO original presentations and some block-busters movies..

Channel 67 - AXN
For all the CSI episodes.. :)

Channel 69 - Star Movies
For movies, what else..

Channel 51, 52, 53, 54 and 55
Taiwanese news channels which I will surf through for local news..

What I usually do is to just switch on the TV and leave it as background noise.. unless, when I need to concentrate, like doing translation or reading a very difficult paper..

No comments: