Aug 8, 2012

Singapore 2012

Went to Singapore early last month.. Met up with my god-son (and his mum), a friend from my NUS-days and a few ex-colleagues.. didn't really take many photos.. so here are a few of them, and mostly of food.. :p
Boon Keng MRT.. looking out..
my single room at The Hive.. a bed, a mirror, a table and air-con..
Old Chang Kee.. currypuff, fried squid heads and yam cake.. :)
Ramen.. not Ajisen, but good enough.. w Handy
Pan-fried black pepper salmon.. at Fish & Co.. w YP.
McD.. w Rio, Cody and Voone.

Visited the "Harry Potter: The Exhibition" at the ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands too.. thanks to Loreen, I didn't have to pay for the entrance ticket.. :)
@ the ticket counters
ticket n e brochure..
 Since visitors are not allowed to take photos, I can only show you the entrance to the exhibition. :p
yes, that's e flying car from The Chambers of Secrets..
The exhibition was good, but not fantastic.. It is catered more to adults and teenagers as it showcased lots of props and costumes used in all the 8 HP movies. If you don't have the patience to read the labels associated with those props and costumes, you will finish browsing in less than 30 minutes.. To get the best experience, I would strongly encourage those visiting to rent the audio guides (SGD$6). It will give you insights into how some props and costumes were designed and the difficulties faced while designing them.  All in all, I kinda enjoyed the exhibition and shall give it a 3 out of 5.

Outside, the chic designs of Marina Bay Sands and the ArtScience Museum are just captivating..
The iconic tri-tower
The entrance to The ArtScience Museum
lotus pond around the Museum..
Looking across to CBD area

At the end of my trip, I feel more like a tourist than someone who had lived there for almost 12 years. So much has changed since I left in 2007 and I really missed the 'old' Singapore..  Still, have a Happy 47th Birthday tomorrow, Singapore!


No comments: