Aug 28, 2012

my kindle

As an anniversary present, I bought myself a Kindle.. :) It was something that I've been wanted to buy for a couple of years.. and now seems to be the right time to get one as I will be reading lots of academic papers for my research and I do not want to print out all of them except those that are really useful.

Although there are 5 different models of Kindle, Amazon only ships 3 of them overseas.. and luckily for me, I only wanted the most basic reader, not those fancy colored ones.. so instead of USD$79 (for local US shipping), it cost me USD$109 for it to be shipped to Taiwan.. and to ensure my Kindle has proper protection, I bought a cover for it (US$19.99).. Thus with the shipping charges and import/custom taxes, I paid a total of USD$166..

So here are some photos of my latest toy... :) :) :)

taken out of the outer box..
kindle in e box..
semi-leather cover..
powered on and ready to read...
how it looks like.. my Kindle with its cover..
Looking forward to loading lots of books and journals into this new toy of mine... :) can't wait.. 

No comments: