Sep 1, 2013

hair

I've always had short hair. The longest I've ever had was below my shoulder and it was only for about 2 months. And that was during my last semester in NUS. I wanted to see how I would look with long hair. In the end, I decided that I’m more comfortable with short hair. I don’t have the patience to go through the ‘long hair regime’ with the whole routine of washing, conditioning, trimming, oiling, combing and whatever. I don’t want to worry about it curling the wrong way in the morning or how I look when the wind blows. I don’t like to use hairdryer. I just don’t like to fuss over these things. Even my nails are kept short and without any nail polish.

Usually, I would cut my hair every 3 or 4 months, depending on its rate of growth. Since coming to TW, I've only cut my hair once in one of those budget salons that give quick NT$100 haircuts. I didn't like the attitude of the lady who cut my hair, so I decided to use a voucher that I bought in one of the campus charity sales and go to a proper salon to get a haircut. As I’m using a voucher (NT$80), I was assigned a junior/trainee stylist. She was pleasant and friendly, except that she gave me a hair style that is not age-appropriate. Luckily (?), I can comb the fringe up and look my age again. So will I go back to that salon again to get my hair cut? I think I will. Next time, I am willing to pay the full price (NT$300) to get the service (and skills) of an experienced stylist. Maybe I will go in Dec.. :)

No comments: