Apr 24, 2014

Kaohsiung: lodging

Spent 6D5N in Kaohsiung and I stayed in Hwa Hong Hotel. Booked the hotel through Agoda.com although I might gotten a cheaper rate had I booked directly with the hotel. Anyway, I paid SGD$217.70 using my credit card for those 5 nights, which came up to around NT$1,050 per night.

The hotel is less than 5 minutes walk from Kaohsiung Station. And there were many long-distance bus companies around the area. So the area is pretty lively. When I reached the hotel slightly after 12:30pm, I was able to check into my room which was a big plus.

My room, 613, was at the end of the corridor. It was big and surprisingly clean. As you can see from the photo, my room was pretty bright (and hot) had it not for the curtains.

The room has the standard facilities: flat-screen cable tv, air-condition, electric kettle, mini-fridge, hair-dryer, table and chair. Also I like the space/platform beside the window where I can put my luggage. The floor is wooden though not parquet.


The en-suite bathroom is also clean and relatively new. And, it is very bright. I like that it has a window. I hate dark dampish bathrooms. Also, the water pressure of the shower is strong, just the way I like it. :) Only minor complain - no separation between shower and toilet.

There is a water dispenser on the ground floor, in the in-house restaurant. 2 bottles of water are provided every day. As someone who is conscious of her carbon footprint, I requested housekeeping to not change my towels and bed sheet every day. Only asked to change once during my stay.



sturdy door, with a chain - extra security.
just outside my room, looking at all the rooms
So all in all, I am pretty satisfied with this room and this hotel. :)


No comments: