May 21, 2007

Karate 'Kid'...


Got my karate suit last Wednesday... :) The suit cost me 10,000 yen. With the membership fee of 1,000yen and insurance fee of 1,500, all in all I paid 12,500 yen for the weekly karate lessons conducted at my dormitory every Wednesday night, from 8:30pm to 10pm.

There are quite a number of karate members in this area. A few obaasan, a handful of students, a couple of working adults and us, the postgrad students staying in this dormitory. During the first lesson, there were almost 20 of us newcomers, but after 1 and a half months, only about 6 of us left. Only 2 girls, me included. The Sensei likes to talk and explain during the sessions, but it's a pity that my Japanese is still pretty bad, add to that, there are quite a number of karate terms that was new to me, so I can barely understand 20% of what he was saying during the karate session.


The suit had my surname on it. I wrote my full kanji name in the application form, but only my surname was sewn on it. Well anyway, I can lend the suit to Kuan next time, if his is torn.. hahahaha...

Kuan took up karate from the same Sensei so both of them know each other. Kuan came over to my dormitory about 2 weeks ago and attended the karate session. All the senpai and obaasan know Kuan, and Kuan seems to be quite popular too.. :) He is now brown belt.. too bad he wasnt around to take the grade promotion exam last week..

No comments: