May 23, 2007

Settled my admission application..

Classes were canceled since Monday afternoon.. I was very worried that I might not be able to submit my Masters admission applications for GITS on time.. So yesterday night, I spend almost 3 hours, filling in the forms, preparing my letter of achievements, made photo copies of the necessary documents..

At around 12pm, I went to school. When I reached Takadanobaba Station, I went around looking for Mizuho Bank to pay my entrance exam fee. I thought I should be able to save on some bank charges if I were to pay the fee directly to the bank account within the same bank..

The bank employee was very helpful and helped me with the forms and even gotten me a queue number. I could understand about 70% of what the employees were saying.. not too bad.. :) So I managed to pay the fee within 30 minutes..

Then I went to my graduate school. I still need to print out 2 documents, my Research field and my Letter of Achievement.. And it seems that the computer rooms are all closed and locked. Luckily, my Professor saw me at the admin office and ask what am I doing in school. I told him my purpose and also the fact that I need to get something printed for the admission. He was kind enough to let me use the Master Year 2 students' room that has a printer. As the PC was very slow, after much struggling, I managed to get those 2 documents printed after almost 1 hour..

I went to look for Ms Kishimoto, the lady in-charge of foreign students in GITS. She was going to have a meeting.. but she was very kind enough to ask her colleague, Ms Inoeu to help me with the admission forms. And add to that is the fact that students are not allowed in the campus at all, so she is actually making a big exception for me.. I was very very grateful for her kind gesture..

After going through the required documents, making copies of my original certificates, I finally managed to submit my admission applications !! Now all I need to do is to await their notification as to when is my entrance presentation.. either 7th or 8th July..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.