May 17, 2007

Watching Japanese dramas..

With the aim of improving my Japanese, I've been watching Japanese dramas the past few weeks.. And I must say, truthfully, it is helping me in my listening skills. As the classes are getting more difficult, being familiar with how and what the Japanese says under which circumstances and scenario, and to whom does help.. With the Chinese subtitles to refer to, I can reference and relate back to what the characters in the dramas are saying.. So far so good... I've watched 3 sets of dramas to date.. But I think one of my weakness is my Japanese vocabulary and forms. I can't seems to remember words/phrases.. Either I'm not studying enough or my way of studying is not effective...

Sometimes I'm just worried that by spending all my times learning Japanese, will my English and Chinese fluency suffer? So to prevent that from happening, I think I will read an English and Chinese novel every 1 month.. So far, I've bought 3 English books from a 2nd hand book shop.. Yet to start on any of them.. Maybe as a practice, I will also blog more often.. However, everyday after class, my mind seems to be frozen/saturated.. Must find a way to defrag it.. :P

No comments: