Apr 9, 2008

It's the wind!!

Yes, I am back in complaining about the weather again...

Here it goes: It is almost mid April and it is still freaking cold for me!!! :x :x

The daily temperature fluctuates between 8-18 degrees and drops a couple more at night.. and what makes it worse is the wind.. The wind here are so freaking strong.. imagine me battling the wind and rain with my umbrella.. unbelievable, right?? I bet there were more than thousands of spoilt umbrellas all over Tokyo no thanks to the heavy non-stop rain yesterday... can't imagine having to go to work, nicely dressed up and yet had to "trash it out" with the bloody wind on the way to/from work.. Uuurrgghhh... and with the wind, there is not much of a point in having an umbrella - you get wet no matter what.. that is why I am in awe with the Japanese ladies, old and young, who are able to maintain their composure and walk gracefully in high heels and short skirts, with make-up and all... High respect for them to be able to do this every day/week/season/year come rain/sun/snow...

And you know what the worst thing is? The raining season in end May and June.. :x :x :x I had already experienced it last year and frankly I don't look forward to it.. My nose has been getting lots of "exercise" these few days - it been running a lot, especially at night.. :x damn! should have gotten some non-drowsy flu tablets from Malaysia.. well, seems like I would need to switch on my heater on some nights then..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hay, i am reading your blog from Tokyo Internation Exchange Center. one of the 2008 post grad monbushou scholar from Malaysia.

The wheather is really crazy! funny how you describe the Japanese lady. :)

Take cARe