Apr 27, 2008

Out of Service II

Haven't been updating my blog much the past 10 days or so, due to some reasons.. either I was busy with school or busy getting sick/recovering from it, especially the last 4 to 5 days...

My nose started acting up last Tuesday. I was sneezing away through-out my classes that day and my nose was leaking non-stop.. I used up almost 10 packets of tissue during that 2 lessons. Would have been more if I hadn't sorta "control" it by deep breathing and squeezing my nose tightly through-out the lesson.. :x Then it got worse in the evening.. my head started aching and my body became feverish..

On Wednesday, I was totally KO-ed.. headache, fever, sneezing non-stop, sore-throat and running nose.. My nose was like a burst pipe that "water" just kept rushing out.. I couldn't even hold my head upright for 5 minutes without having to get something to "catch" the "water"!! I stopped using tissues as it will be too expensive, judging from the rate I would be going through them.. Instead, I use face towels.. It is more economical and more environmentally friendly.. and not to mention, much easier on my nose.. My nose turned red and raw, and started flaking from all the blowing and contact with the towels.. Took some Panadol (a brand of Paracetamol) and slept and slept and slept..

On Thursday, felt slightly better as the headache was gone, but the rest of the symptoms still persisted.. Drank plenty of fluids, including fruit and vegetable juices that I had stocked up earlier.. Again, rested the whole day..

On Friday, the sneezing sorta subsided while my body still felt feverish, but not that often.. One sure sign that my body is winning the battle is that I felt hungry.. :P but still the burst pipe continued.. by this time, the skin on my nose has begun to start peeling.. every wiping of my nose became painful..

Yesterday, instead of leaking non-stop, the "pipe" got stuck!! But I felt much better overall.. I could even go grocery-shopping in the morning.. Well, I had to as I am running out of fresh food... I needed some fresh vegetables and some fresh ingredients to cook.. and I need to take out the rubbish from my room too.. I shall rest a bit more today but I would make myself read some chapters of the economics book.. ;)

Think by tomorrow I should be well enough to go to school for my lessons.. :)

No comments: