Aug 15, 2008

Kansai Trip: Preparation

Went to Kansai with my sister from 25 - 31 July. :)

We stayed in Osaka for the entire duration as the lodging in Osaka is cheaper than Kyoto and it only cost us 540yen a person to get to Kyoto. Thanks to WL, we managed to get a weekly apartment at the cost of 5800yen per night for 2 person, which is so much cheaper than the usual hostel or hotel. Shall write more about lodging in another blog entry.

Up till the day of departure, I was busy rushing out assignments and reports for my professors. I barely had time to pack much less do a detailed planning of the trip. We planned to do a leisure tour.. We planned to visit Osaka, Kyoto, Nara and Kobe, and if time permits, we want to go to Himeji and Uji too.. if we can, we would try to see/visit as many places as possible; if we can't then we shall take it easy.. :)

As for the transportation, we decided to take a bus and not the Shinkansen. There are many coaches available, some of them traveling at night. We booked our tickets from Jam Bus. We spent 10,000yen for 2 seats going to Osaka, and 7,400yen for the return trip. The 5,000yen seats were very comfortable while the 3,700yen seats were a total nightmare..

The weather forecast for that week in Kansai was very good.. so we prepared lots of sunblock and moisturisure.. :) I brought my laptop along as I had foreseen that we would be taking lots of pictures and the 512MB memory cards on our camera will never be sufficient. :P Also, internet connection was provided in that weekly apartment with no extra charge, so I get to check my mails and do some last minute research on places we were planning to go too.

And off we went!! :)

No comments: