Aug 29, 2008

Summer Holidays 2008 - Part I

So what have I been up to since end of July?? More than 35 days into my 2nd summer holiday, I must admit I wasn't very productive.. :P
  • Went to Kansai for a week with my sister - visited Nara, Kyoto and Osaka.

  • Went to Tokyo Disneyland with my sister.

  • Went to Tokyo DisneySea with my sister.

  • Went to four of the Fuji Five Lakes.

  • Attended the First Genseiryu World Karate Competition. (shall blog about this next time)

  • Read two books and in the midst of reading the third. Another 5 more to go.. :)

  • Watched 16 movies and 5 documentaries (both Chinese and English) so far.

  • Caught up to date with 4 different variety shows from Taiwan and Hong Kong.

To date, I have been really enjoying my holidays.. maybe to some of you, what I have been doing so far don't really match the idea of an "exciting" summer holiday, but at least I am doing things that I couldn't do while working.. like sleeping and waking up late :)

However with school just 3 weeks away, I need to, among others, start revising my Japanese.. Since I had signed up for JLPT level 2 this coming December, I wanna make sure I pass level 2 this time round.. and then proceed to take level 1 next July.. For the sake of future $$$$ (salary), I had better make sure my Japanese is of certain proficiency.. :x Then there are those tasks given by my professor that had to be done before school starts.. :(

With the end of the rainy days nowhere in sight, staying in my room and reading/watching (movies/documentaries) or not doing anything at all seemed to be the best way to enjoy my remaining holidays.. don't you agree?? ;)

No comments: