Jan 29, 2009

Fourth day of CNY

In a flash, it is already the 4th day of the Lunar New Year..

CNY Eve..
Took the morning flight from Narita and reached KLIA around 6pm.. got my luggage and cleared custom in 30 min.. Reached my uncle's house in Puchong, for reunion dinner around 7:30pm.. Had my first Malaysian dinner.. :) There were many relatives at my uncle's house.. including my 3-month-old nephew... the newest addition to the Goh Family.. ;) Suddenly all of us are elevated one level to be "uncles" and "aunties", and not just "ke-ke" (brother) or "jie-jie" (sister) anymore.. We chatted and talked all night long.. until almost 1am..

1st day of CNY..
Woke up around 8am.. Did nothing except chatting and talking with my uncles, aunties and cousins.. :) Went to another uncle's new house at Sungai Buloh... What a BIG house it was... there is even a karaoke room, or rather mini-hall, with solid sound system and a karaoke system that has more than 10000 songs.. a game room, with a big TV, PS3 and Wii... There are almost 30 of us and yet the place felt sooooo spacious.. there was a room for everyone.. two spacious living rooms for watching tv and chatting.. Unbelievably, people lost interest in the karaoke!! Anyway, I managed to sing to my heart's content.. :p Then we went to a famous restaurant for dinner.. Yup! Yup! We got back and continued doing what we were doing before.. :p There were so many of us that there is not enough beds for all.. in the end, I volunteered to sleep on the sofa in the living room.. It was one of the most comfortable sofas I have ever sat/slept on..

2nd day of CNY..
Woke up pretty early.. again, back to chatting, eating and talking the whole day... Went up to the karaoke room and had a good workout.. a few of my uncles were doing some martial arts, while a few of my aunties were doing yoga.. it was fun.. a great place and way to interact and have fun.. In the evening, we went to another uncle's place at Damansara to have dinner.. again, there was nothing but praises for my auntie's cooking.. I always looked forward to all her dishes, especially her braised pork in dark soy sauce.. I haven't had second helping of rice for a long while, but this time, I HAD to have another bowl of rice.. :p After dinner, it was the "usual" entertainment, card games.. I played only 2 rounds and decided not to continue playing.. I never did had any luck in these games.. We left the place slightly before midnight..

3rd day of CNY..
Slept in till almost 10am.. Left my uncle's house after lunch to come back to Taiping.. It rained along the journey, but luckily the traffic was light and we got home around 6pm.. Did nothing except rest the remainder of the day..

4th day of CNY..
Did nothing specific during the day.. Went to get my bus ticket to Singapore.. Surf the Net.. started on a book..

Will be going to relatives' houses for visiting tomorrow...

Shall arrange my photos and post them up soon..

No comments: