Jan 19, 2009

Yes! Finally!! :)

Some good news, or at least not-depressing ones..
  • Tsukiji market reopens tuna auctions to tourists
    Finally both the authority and the tourists learned to co-exist in harmony.. One had stop being so up-tight, while the other had started to behave themselves.. a win-win situation..
  • Ronald Gang run down
    At last, the Malaysian police are doing what they are supposed to be doing.. maintaining law & order and giving the people a peace of mind..
  • Cut in top govt pay
    Cabinet ministers and senior civil servants in Singapore are expected to take a 12%-20% cut in annual pay, with more changes if economy deteriorates... wow! unbelievable ! That is what I call "leading by examples" and "sharing the burden together", and not just paying lip services to ask the people to "change their lifestyles"..
  • 30,000 jobs this year
    This is the number of new jobs created in Singapore.. even though jobs are cut in other sectors, like manufacturing, many are created in other sectors.. Not unbiasedly, I think I would want to work in Singapore than Japan.. :) Where the government knows what needs to be done and then do it!

2 comments:

Maili said...

hey! i saw your post about the Komaba International House, do you still live there? Its the dorm for the University of Tokyo right?
I was wondering, if you could help me, providing me some information about the rent fee, pictures of your room, and other fees. I'm from Brazil and I'm going in April to Japan to study, probably at Todai, so they have been sending me e-mails asking me to choose between the dorms...I would realy appreciatte if you could me.

best regards

Maili said...

btw.... my e-mail is

maili.onodera@gmail.com