Apr 10, 2010

Another quick hop-over

Went over to Singapore again last week.. this time for 2 interviews.. both scheduled on Wednesday..

This time round, I put my status on Facebook and MSN.. and the ironic part is I didn't meet up with any of my friends or ex-colleagues while I was there.. I stayed in the room most of the time, except when I went out to get food.. maybe one of the main reason is that I was staying in a not-so-convenient place, Balestier, which doesn't have any train station nearby.. I am not really a bus taker, as I prefer trains more..

The two companies that I interviewed for are big MNCs.. one is in the financial-banking sector, while the other is from the telecommunication.. I can't really gauge how I fared in the interviews as I am reluctant to hold any expectations less I get disappointed.. I have done my best during the interviews, being frank and truthful with my abilities and comfort level, so the ball is now in their court.. and all I can do is to wait..

The hotel room that I stayed in reminded me of my hostel room in Japan.. it was very small, fits a Queen-size bed and nothing else.. even the bathroom-cum-toilet is smaller than the one I had in Tokyo.. but again, I don't need a fancy suite since I was going to stay only 2 nights.. as long as there is Internet connection, a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom, I am okay.. :)

Had some food that I missed staying in Malaysia.. Hainanese chicken rice, Wanton noodle, Lor Mee, Carl's Jr burger and some local kuih.. As the hotel didn't have any refrigerator, I couldn't buy any fresh fruit juices which is usually my way of getting enough Vit. C while traveling..

Although the overnight coach trip wrecks my sleeping pattern, these short "get-away" are something I really look forward to.. Can't wait for my next trip..

No comments: