May 13, 2010

Weird dream..

I am one of those people who either doesn't dream or can't remember them when I wake up.. so if I do happen to have recollection of any dreams, it tends to stay with me for a long time... And recently I had one which was kinda weird (MMmmm.. ain't most dreams weird?)..

I was in Singapore.. and somehow I went up to one of the office towers of Suntec City.. to 68th floor, actually.. (don't think the towers there are that high.. anyway..) I was doing some sight-seeing (maybe the location/tower were mixed up w either Taiwan 101 Building or Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building).. and suddenly an earthquake hit.. (ya, ya... I know, there is no earthquake in Singapore..) the entire building shook and things were falling all around me.. and somehow there was a tsunami too, as the sea water was rushing into the town area, swallowing up the buildings, roads and everything.. (much like those scenes in all those disaster movies..)

then suddenly it felt as if the entire tower had broken into two! and the top half, which I was in, slide off (why it slide off instead of toppling off? don't ask me, it was a dream, remember?) and the entire top half of the tower didn't crash when it reach the ground but was sliding along the roads, cushioned by the sea water.. much like on a water slide... I saw that the water level was rising fast from the windows and everyone was in panic.. and just when a huge wave was about to crash through the windows, the tower somehow "arrived" at the Bugis MRT Station!!! (Ya I know, very coincidental to have "crash landed" at a train station.. but won't the underground train station be flooded?? with all the sea water and stuff?? Mmmm... ) we were able to get out through the windows that were broken by the huge wave.. the sense of relief among the trapped survivors were unmistakable.. and this was when I woke up...

There is one other interesting thing about the dream: I was very calm during the entire "disaster".. although I was in the dream, going through all the turmoil, chaos and confusion, I don't recall panicking.. So either my subconscious subconsciously knew that it was just a dream and there was no (real) need to panic or I have kinda of accepted the inevitability of that situation and just go with the flow, much like how I feel about air turbulence.. I did mention before that I kinda like the feel of encountering air turbulence while being on an airplane.. my rationale is: since I can't do anything about the turbulence, might as well enjoy the bumpy ride!

Is there any hidden message(s) in that dream? Any reason why I had that dream? Or why I remembered it?? Any significance for it to occur in Singapore? Why Suntec Towers? Why Bugis MRT Station?? Lots of questions, with no answers..

No comments: