Apr 6, 2011

Kota Kinabalu: misc

A couple more photos, mostly of the airports.....
Penang Airport.. 5.30am in the morning..
LCCT.. around 8.30am..
Waiting to board.. to KK..
watched 2 movies at Suria Sabah.. "I am Number Four" and "The Fighter" @$6 each..
flight delayed for more than 2 hours.. long queue for a flight earlier in KK airport..

Some observations after visiting KK..
  • My subconscious tendency to identify the race of a person suffers a malfunction when I saw people in various different shades of skin color.. in the end, I ignored it and simply accepted the fact that everyone is my fellow countrymen! :)
  • There seemed to be no differentiation among races, with everyone working closely together.. Be it in restaurants, shops or markets.. I can really sense the unity, with no segregation nor differentiation of "WE" and "THEM"..
  • Everyone eats in the same restaurant. They don't seem to be as hang-up about what is permissible as those in the Peninsular...
And so this wraps up my short trip to the Land Beneath the Wind.. Hopefully, I will be able to visit The Land of A Thousand Smiles soon.. :)

So stay tune!

No comments: