Oct 10, 2011

happy centenary!

Today is the 100th year of the Republic of China. And I am watching the live telecast of the celebration in my room.. :)

As expected, lots of activities and promotions are organized by both public and private sectors to commemorate this milestone.. everywhere will be crowded, I would think.. either to attend the celebration outside the Presidential Office Building or to take advantage of sales held at various shopping malls all over the island..

At 7-11, a promotion was held whereby one can get a free file holder after spending more than NT$100 on Oct 9 and Oct 10. I wanna have something to mark this occasion, so I collected both.. :p


A small personal trivia: I love to read about China's history, all those dynasties with their emperors and empress, coups and political maneuvers, heroes and villains, etc.. but I tend to stop reading when Dr Sun Yat Sen overthrew the Qing Dynasty.. I have no interest in the communist party and what it did... and I particularly loathe the Cultural Revolution and its far-reaching effects... And I always feel more affiliated to and have more affections toward ROC than PRC.. :p :p


Finally, Happy Birthday ROC!

中華民國建國100年國慶快樂!

No comments: