Nov 7, 2011

my usual week... (II)

Nothing much is happening these few weeks.. and I can foresee it being the same till at least after New Year.. Other than my weekly school stuff, which consist of tons of readings, writing and presentations to prepare and execute, there are other things that I must attend to, especially jobs that are gonna put food on my table and a roof over my head..

My usual translation jobs are coming in pretty regularly these few months so hopefully I can save enough for my 2nd Year tuition... Also I'm working 2 hours per week (on Thursdays mornings) in my department as a "office-girl". The job is pretty simple - running errands and the usual admin stuff... It is a good way for me to get familiar with the workings of a Taiwanese University, and not mention be on good terms with my grad school's HOD and other professors. Already, my HOD is asking me to plan and set-up a new website for my department's alumnus. :)

Oh, did I mention that I am the class rep for PhD Year 1 students? Ya, I was kinda "elected" to the post.. anyway, it is no biggie, I just need to be the liaison between my class of ten and the department if and when administrative stuff is required.. and because of this "position" I need to attend 2 "important" meetings in Dec, one with the President and other "big-shots" of the University in a welcome luncheon for all new class reps, and the other with a group of visitors from a Macau Polytechnic in an academic exchange with my dept..

Thus with whatever free time I've left, I'm spending it in front of my laptop - watching dramas online, hanging out in FB and listening to music.. maybe next semester I will try to not take so many subjects and enjoy (a bit more of) my student life again.. :p :p

No comments: