Nov 28, 2011

cheap plan...

As much as I don't mind being without a mobile phone, I can't be uncontactable.. so getting a pre-paid SIM card was a temporary solution when I first arrived in Taiwan.. I planned to subscribe to one of the many telcos here once I got my ARC and my student card...

Yet, 3 months later, I am still using my pre-paid SIM... and I've not even used up the initial NT$345.. In fact, I still have NT$120 worth of balance left (as of 27 Nov)!!! Unbelievable, right?? And to think that I've budgeted around NT$1500 PER MONTH (including the purchase of new handset) for telecommunication expenses.. :p

But, if I examine this closely, I realized that this is unsurprising at all.. As I've said many times, I am not a very "friendly" person.. I seldom call my friends over the phone just to chit-chat.. nor do I like to have long talks over the phone.. I prefer sms which, in my opinion, is less intrusive and disruptive.. I don't like being disturbed and thus I would not disturb others.. and I don't need a smartphone.. smartphones are one of those nice-to-haves, not must-haves..

So for now, I'll stick to my pre-paid SIM.. until my LG GU285  phone breaks, a too-good-to-miss bargain for Samsung Galaxy S2 presents itself or someone volunteers to pay for my new handset and/or phone bills .. :p :p :p

No comments: