Dec 1, 2011

a taste of Italia..

Every week I'll go grocery shopping at one of the nearby supermarkets, called 全聯福利中心, which is sort of like the NTUC Fairprice in Singapore.. the items there are comparatively cheaper and with membership, I can save even more... :)

Since I don't have a kitchen in my room and I've yet to buy a slow cooker, I usually buy biscuits, bread and instant stuff, like instant soup and cereal.. the variety of instant cereals is unbelievable.. and I shall blog about it when I've tasted sufficient assortment to compare.. of course, there's also a wide range of instant noodles, but I try to not eat them so often as the amount of sodium and preservatives in them are astrologically high..

Anyway, as I was browsing through the shelves I stumbled upon this.. biscuits from Italy! or should I say biscotti!! :)

Initially, it was the design that caught my eyes.. as it somehow reminded me of the packaging I saw in Italy... at closer look, the wordings confirmed my hunch..  :) :) :)

There are 2 types of biscotti, one is butter cookies while the other is chocolate.. and I bought the latter.. :) The price tag stated NT$85, which is almost MYR$9 / SGD$ 3.70 / EURO$2.20 / JPY$220. It wasn't on sale, but I bought it anyway.. :p

yep, it's from Italy alright.. :)
This became one of my few indulgences..  Seldom do I spend so much on a packet of biscuits, but I just had to get this biscotti.. Also, I've not eaten any pasta that came close to the ones I've tasted during my trip to Italy.. even if it was just spaghetti cooked with olive oil and fresh tomatoes..

Darn! how I miss cooking and traveling..

No comments: