Dec 19, 2011

got my hair cut

Unbelievably, I cut my own hair last week....

It started off with me wanting to just cut my fringe short as it was almost 4 months ago since my last haircut back in Malaysia... as I was, and still am, up to my ears with assignments, presentations and translations that I didn't have the time to go around looking for a stylist.. as I've mentioned in my earlier entries (here and here), I am very particular about who touches my hair and very reluctant to try new stylist unless I really have no choice..

So armed with just a scissor and the bathroom mirror, I started trimming my fringe... then few snips became a few more.. followed by a few more... and before I knew it, I've moved from my fringe to my right side... and since I've done my right, I have to cut my left too... All those time observing how my last stylist cut my hair had kinda "paid off".. :p

Of course I am worried that I might botch my attempt and gave myself a horrible haircut.. but I consoled myself with images of people with unsymmetrical/uneven haircuts who might (not) be making a fashion statement.. and hey, hair do grow back.. plus, I won't be going home for CNY next Jan, so no risk of "malu-ing" ("malu" is a Malay word meaning embarrass", we like to add "ing" to imply on-going state) myself.. :p :p

Anyway, I am kinda proud of my first attempt.. and so far, people seemed to just assume that went to a saloon and got a new hair cut.. they did not comment on it.. and of course, I did not volunteer the information that I cut it myself.. :) :) :)

Who knows, maybe I will actually continue cutting my own hair, but I doubt it... :p Of course, I might just go to a real stylist to get a "real" hair cut after CNY.. after all, I have no problem paying the usual NT$300 needed for one..

No comments: