Nov 2, 2011

staying healthy

One of the things that I don't like about living alone is getting sick.. and the best way to NOT get sick is to get enough exercise to boost the immune system!

Here, I walk a lot.. whenever I leave my room, I will have to walk down/up 5 stories' worth of stairs.. and while in school, I don't usually take the elevator, even if I'm going to the 7th or 9th floor. I'll take the stairs.. :) thus for a couple of times per week, I might have walked up/down more than 15 storeys within a single day!

Of course, other than exercising, proper diet is also essential..  and I am a believer of supplements.. :p That's why I bought EPO with Fish Oil and B Complex from an Australian healthcare company..  I will also try to eat as healthy as possible, while staying within my budget..

Additionally, in order to prevent backaches from sitting for prolonged hours in front of my laptop, I bought a yoga ball.. I will alternate between sitting on the office chair and this ball.. using the ball will, hopefully, strengthen my lower back and my core muscles so that I won't be so prone to backaches.. :)

And maybe in spring, I might start jogging again.. since I'm staying so near to school, it will be a waste if I don't take advantage of it... and frankly, my campus is a very good place to jog as it's not only safe but also provides a beautiful landscape for joggers with its many slopes, nicely kept trails and big shady trees along the roads..

Health is priceless.. this is something everyone knows, yet few actually work towards it.. Since now I am (wholly) responsible for my own well-being, I am gonna do my best keeping myself as healthy as I possibly can..  :) :) :)

No comments: