Apr 24, 2012

sleeping on air..

Okay.. my room didn't come with a mattress, just a bed frame when I moved in more than 8 months ago.. so I bought a 2cm "portable" mattress.. well, it was supposed to be temporary.. I was supposed to find a nearby furniture store and buy a proper mattress.. yet, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months..

I wanted to get a spring/coiled mattress.. yet I have to consider the "chore" of moving.. I'm staying on the 5th floor that doesn't have a lift.. I will have to pay more to get it delivered to my doorstep.. and when I move house I will need to pay movers, which I don't really need since my stuff are all small and "portable"..

Then I had an idea.. why don't I get a air mattress?!? It is light and very portable!! It will give my back the support it needs... And I found a real good deal on the Net! :)The 99cm x 188 cm x 23 cm mattress from Bestway cost me NT$630. It is one that doesn't come with build-in pump, so I had to get one.. Not willing to buy an electric one, I bought a hand pump for NT$130.



You can see clearly from the picture below the difference in thickness of the 2 mattresses.. Yes, the one on the bottom was what I've been sleeping on.. it is not even 3cm thick! I took about 15 minutes to pump enough air into the air mattress.. I had to pump in more the next day, since it felt too soft.. :p

Anyway, I am still getting used the air mattress.. Having slept on an almost-hard mattress, I think it will take me a while to allow my body to fully relish the bounciness.. :) :)

Sweet dreams to me!

No comments: