Apr 10, 2012

translation frenzy..

Things have been pretty crazy recently.. been getting lots of translation projects these past few weeks.. from English to Chinese, from English to Malay, from Chinese to English.. my mind is turning and churning more than 12 hours a day.. and I sometimes develop a minor headache by the end of the day.. :x

From past experiences, the months of February to July bring very few translation jobs. These are the "off-peak season" so to speak, so it is not uncommon to get less than 3 jobs in a month. This year however, things are different as I am getting jobs weekly, sometimes more than 1 per week. :) That being said, it is not as if I am earning big bucks from these frequent jobs. I need to juggle my studies/research at the same time so I can't devote all my time to it, although I am trying to earn as much as possible when the time is good. Also, there is only so much I can translate in a day without my brain "freezing up" or "melting down".. But all in all, my days have been pretty productive, either in terms of my academic progress or financial earning.. :)

No comments: