Apr 13, 2012

word play

As someone who works with languages, words and phrases hold a unique fascination for me.. thus a fondness for poems, shown clearly in my bi-weekly Poetry Solace entries.. :)

Anyway, I was curious as to the words my name will form as I've read somewhere that these words may shed some light to my personality, obvious or otherwise.. so here are some of the more interesting 4-letter (or more) words..

aegis, ages, agile, ales, egos, gals, goalie, halo, heals, hoaxes, holes, isle, legs, lies, ogles, sage, sail, sale, silo, shoe, sigh, slag, sleigh, slog, soil, sole...

And just for fun, I tried 'Malaysia' and 'Singapore'.. As 'Malaysia' has only 2 different vowels, while 'Singapore' contains 4, more words can be formed from the latter.

Malaysia -> ails, aims, alas, alias, alma, alms, lays, mails, mislay, sail, slam, slay, slim, slimy, yams

Singapore -> aegis, ages, agonise, angers, aprons, arisen, arse, aspire, earns, ears, egos, gains, gasp, goners, grains, grasp, grips, gripes, groans, ignores, nags, opera, oranges, organise, persona, pigeons, poise, praise, regions, reign, resign, sage, senior, soaring, spare, sponge, sprain, spring

Also, I can't help but notice that there are a couple of common words formed between Singapore and me.. while there is very few between Malaysia and me.. I've underline them for comparison.. maybe that explains why I have a bias towards the Lion City... :p

Then there is anagrams.. rearranging the alphabets in a word/phrase/name to form new word/phrase/name.. and here are a few from my name that make (some kind of) sense..

a sleigh ox
a log is hex

his log axe
his lax ego
ox hag isle

leg is hoax

Fun isn't it?

For those who wants to find out the words or the anagrams their names can form, check out these sites:
http://www.wordplays.com/words-in-a-word
http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html
http://rinkworks.com/words/palindromes.shtml

No comments: