Jun 9, 2007

Feeling under the weather...

Don't know why but have not been feeling very 元気 the last few days... been feeling feverish almost every night.. and my head seem very heavy too.. Have no idea what to do about it, except to slowly eliminate the possible causes one by one.. Everyone in my class wasn't feeling too well either.. I think it should be the weather..

It's hot like hell for a couple of hours, then suddenly it rains and the wind is freaking cold at times. No wonder they have summer holidays here.. It's not yet summer and already I don't feel like studying or doing anything.. Can't imagine how it will feel when it is really summer... unlike in Msia/Spore, where the rain does indeed cool down the earth and lower temperature, the rain here is more like a nuisance, it doesn't have any effect on the temperature but just make the whole atmosphere more miserable.. It's not heavy, as in raining cats and dogs, more often then not, it's like a quick shower.. irritating.. U can't go out without an umbrella, but sometimes it's too much of a nuisance to carry an umbrella for such a 'light' rain..

The lessons have become more difficult and the more I learn the more confused I get.. Everyone in the class felt the same.. After 2 months of learning the polite form of the Jap language, we were told that conversations and reports/thesis/newspaper are all in normal form!! No wonder we can't understand what the local Japanese are saying.. One of my Indon classmate said that it will take at least 6-9 months before one can understand and converse with the local Japanese. So I shall not be too hard on myself for not comprehending ordinary Japanese conversations... Slowly, all the 先生s are speaking faster and in longer and more difficult sentences during class.. As a consolation, I am able to understand (almost 90%) what the 先生s are saying in class now.. All thanks to the Japanese dramas I've watched so far.. they really helped in letting me being familiarized with the conversation speed.

No comments: