Jul 14, 2007

Public Holidays and Summer Holidays...

This coming Monday is a public holiday, called Marine Day. And my semester will end this coming Friday. After 20 Jul, I will have almost 9 weeks of summer holidays!! YIPPEE!! :D

Have already made plans to go Mt Fuji and Kyoto with my classmates..

Will be climbing Mt. Fuji on the 24 Jul. 9 of my 10-classmates are going for the climbing trip. We planned to go on the 24 Jul, climb Mt Fuji throughout the night, and reach the summit around 4 or 5 am to watch the sunrise. Then we will make our way back down on 25 Jul and go home right after that. We do not plan to stay overnight.. It will be a 10-11 hours hike up Mt Fuji and then a 6 hours-walk down.. Hopefully I can still walk the next day.. :p

As for the Kyoto trip, there are 5 of us going, 2 guys and 3 gals. We will go to Kyoto by the Shinkansen on the 4 Aug and will stay 3 nights there, before coming back on the 7 Aug. We went to the travel agency in Shinjuku to book the train tickets and make hotel reservations. We paid less than 30,000yen for both the transport and lodging, which frankly is a real bargain price to me. The hotel we are staying is very near to the Kyoto Train Station, about 2 minutes walk.

Very excited over the trips.. Will definitely take lots of photos to share them here in my blog... :)

No comments: