Sep 11, 2011

a decade ago

Today is the 10th anniversary of 911.. oh.. I can't believe how fast time seems to fly.. and though a decade has passed, I can still remember clearly where I was and what I was doing when the news broke...

Ten years.. lots of things could and have changed yet many remained the same..  I too have gone through a huge transformation a decade later, though some core belief have remain fundamentally unchanged.. am I a "better" person 3652 days later? I think so though I can't say for sure.. but one thing is for sure, I've no regrets pertaining the choices that I've made these past 10 years... well at least no big ones..:p

different doors lead to different paths
Ten years ago, I thought I would settle down and grow old in Singapore.. Ten years later, I've no idea where I will be the next 10 years, much less where I'm gonna retire .. Ten years ago, I liked to possess many (material) things to satisfy my vanity.. Ten years later, my desire is to live simply and enrich my mind instead of my ego..

Ten years ago, I was a workaholic and work was my life.. Ten years later, I realized that life is more than just work, and I am not defined by what I do for a living but how I live my life.. Ten years ago, I was inclined to sacrifice my health for wealth.. Ten years later, I came to appreciate that health is priceless..

Ten years ago, I was temperamental and egocentric, and was not afraid to show it.. Ten years later, I am calmer and more humble as I know I've more to learn.. Ten years ago, I was constantly seeking acceptance and approval from others.. Ten years later, I've learned to accept who I am and pay no attention to what others think of me..

Ten years ago, I had barb-wired my heart as I was afraid of getting hurt.. Ten years later, I can't wait to set my heart free and embrace love.. Ten years ago, I was reluctant to ask for help less I was perceived as weak.. Ten years later, I'm more comfortable and wiling to seek help from people around me as I know I am only human..

What about you? How much have YOU changed in the last 10 years?? Was there anything that you would have done differently if given a chance to do it again? Take some time and ponder upon it.. You might be surprised at what you might conclude..

No comments: