Sep 5, 2011

Me Room in Taiwan

Think it is time to show you the "apartment" that I've rented in Taiwan.. here are some of the photos before I "furnished" it..

Compared to the dormitory room I had in Japan, this room is bigger.. two person can sleep on the floor.. 
There is a single-sized bed frame, a study table with chair, a small fridge (not seen here), a small TV (not seen here), a wardrobe and a very small cupboard.. my landlady said that I could use the standing fan if I don't mind it being dirty and unable to pan around.. so I took it..
The air-con is on top of the bed.. I would need to get myself a mattress.. but seeing that there is no elevator and this "apartment" being on the 5th floor, I think I would just make do with a thin fold-able mattress.. else I might need to fork out more $$ for the delivery of a thick mattress that will no doubt be more expensive..

The bathroom and toilet are pretty new.. in a sense that there's no broken/dirty tiles.. I don't want to spend my time scrubbing tiles or cleaning dirty toilet bowl/sink.... :p

However, due to the close proximity of this area to the sea, most of the metal racks in the toilet have rusted.. but that is just a small inconvenience to bear..








One thing I really liked about this "apartment" (maybe I should just call it a room.. :p) is that it is very bright.. :)

It has rows of windows around the room.. Mmm.. maybe I might regret it when winter comes.. :x anyway, the above is the view from the main windows.. while the side window's view is this..
Most of the apartments in this area are rented by students as it is very near to the University.. I can walk to the library in less than 5 minutes and my faculty in less than 10.. there are plenty of small food stalls in the area.. I've no hurry to try them out since I can't really cook in my room..

There is 4 rooms in this level  and all owned by the same landlady.. I am the only lady tenant.. each room has its own electricity meter (as seen on the left side of the photo below) so we pay for what we use every 2 months.. while the water bill is being shared equally..

There is also a washing machine in the common area for us to use.. and we can hang our clothes to dry there too.. but I prefer to bring mine back to my room as my room is bright, sunny and airy enough to dry my laundry within a day or two..


After spending almost MY$500 "furnishing" my room - buying mattress, pillows (3 of them :p), table lamp, clothes rack, electric water pot, bedsheets and many misc household items, this is how it looks like now.. 


For those who are thinking of bunking over, here is one advice.. this room is very close to the University, but it is rather inconvenient to those who wishes to visit downtown Taipei.. you will need to walk about 5- 10min to the bus stop and take a bus to the nearest MRT station, Danshui Station (a 5-10 min bus ride).. then you will need another 40 - 50 minutes to reach Taipei MRT Station.. 

If you are okay with the "hassle" (for those who have lived in Japan, this is nothing.. :p), feel free to come and stay over!! :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

hey, looks like a cosy place :) hope you settle in well, which i'm sure you will as i know you've come a long way and endured a lot to be where you are now! will definitely let you know if i make my way to taiwan :)