Feb 2, 2012

cold weather hot drinks..

As the weather remains cold and wet, and I being one who drink the recommended 2 liter of water daily,  it is boring to just drink hot/warm water.. so I bought an assortment of beverages, just to add some flavor and taste.. a few are familiar brand names, but mostly not....

Tea
a familiar brand..that tasted e same..
milk tea with black sugar
made in taiwan.. taste: 2 out of 5
Chinese tea is popular here but I've yet to buy any.. I don't want to get those that come in tea bags.. I wanna get a good (chinese) teapot to properly make tea.. so I think I'll wait and see if I can find the proper apparatus for brewing tea..

Coffee
Although I am not a regular coffee drinker, I do drink coffee when I'm in a mood for one... and the shelves in the shops are filled with diverse brands of local/imported coffee.. so I decided to start from instant 3-in-1 coffees and work myself up the quality chain..
3 different brands.. and one of them is a familiar brand..
First, a disclaimer: I am no expert on coffee, so the reviews were based on my own taste and preference. 
3 in 1.. taste: 2.5 out of 5
4-in-1 latte.. taste: 2.5 out of 5
Maybe it is my taste buds, but the coffees that I've had so far tasted either very mild, bland or both.. even when I've used 2 packets instead of 1 while making my drinks...

Others
Other than tea and coffee, there are other beverages too.. most of them are produced locally in Taiwan..

familiar brands.. but peculiar taste..
I need to first point out that although the brands, Milo and Ovaltine, are the same as those found in Malaysia, their taste couldn't be more different.. so pardon my bluntness, but Ovaltine here tasted like crap.. it is beyond horrible.. :x :x while Milo tasted somewhat similar but not as nice..
taste: 4 out of 5
This chocolate drink came from the US, so no difference in taste.. thus it remains one of my few favorite drink during those cold morning/nights.. :)

Date and longan tea on the left is okay, though lacking in aroma.. taste: 2 out of 5. Ginger tea with black sugar on the right.. yet to taste it as I'm not a big fan of ginger, whether it is in cooked food or as beverages..

So usually I will have one of these beverages once a day, or twice a day, maximum.. and most of the time, I prefer to just drink hot water.. as plain water is still the best.. :) :)

No comments: